The history of Englewood, Florida as a fishing village is embraced at Stump Pass. Stump Pass Marina traces back to the “Hicks Marina” built-in 1947 by brothers, Wiley and Harley Hicks, with help from their father, Wiley Hicks, and their Uncle John. The basin, where the boats are put into the water at Hicks Marina was literally hand-dug! That project took 13 years and in 1960 the marina opened.
Over the years, it had several names including “The Redfish Lodge” and later “Fishtale Marina”, when it was known for its swimming pool and snack bar. In 1970, the marina became Stump Pass Marina Inc. A Chickee hut and bar restaurant was later added, known as the Stump Pass Grille.
In 2016, the previous owners of Stump Pass Marina made significant improvements to the facility and reopened in 2017 as The Lighthouse Grill at Stump Pass.
Today, our restaurant is owned and operated by another Florida small business, Windward Marina Group, LLC which has established its lifestyle brand footprint along the East Coast and is now expanding over to the Gulf.
Our suppliers include small, family-owned fishing companies in Southwest Florida and the Gulf of Mexico, all dedicated to delivering fish and seafood with a commitment to absolute freshness, exceptional quality, and with sound, sustainable practices. Truly fresh and locally supplied are the reasons that prices and selections vary from day to day.
In addition to our superior fish and seafood, the kitchen is proud of our “Signature Smokehouse”, a best-in-class commercial wood-fired BBQ smoker. It’s the key to preparing our savory meats.
Our cuisine consists of carefully-selected vegetables and elements that form the basis of our menu – complimented by our impressive selection of uniquely crafted beers, and tropical drinks, served all day long and especially enjoyed during our spectacular sunsets!